Saturday, January 22, 2005

event(0.7) shattered image

Part of my web site was dedicated to another kind of gallery. It was filled with images I managed to coax out of a program called Apophysis, a flame fractal generator. It's been quite a while since I had the time or inclination to work with this program. Not that I didn't enjoy it- my head just got into another space, and then I got busy.

I would love to go back to working with Apophysis some more. Meanwhile, I might stick a favorite image up here once in a while. I really had to reduce and compress this image to post here. The originals are 1024x768 px, and I offered a 640x480 px image on each gallery page that could be clicked to access its larger counterpart. They were much less compressed and considerably sharper, with a great deal more detail. But this is a blog after all- not an art gallery.

I had bits of verse I'd found to go with each image, which I'll post underneath. Hope you like it.

“ shattered ”
Shattered
“ I believed I was loved,
I believed I loved...
Who did this to us? ”

--Adrienne Rich: 'Shattered Head'

This image is © 2004-2005

No comments: