My greatgrandmother kept various drawers around her house full of great stuff for my sister and I when we came to visit. I recall with great fondness a pair of kaleidoscopes that lived in one of the 'toy drawers'. All totalled, those 'scopes must have provided us with many hours of being mystified by shifting complex colors and forms. It seems to me that those kaleidoscopes were of a much better quality than any I have tried out since. But perhaps everything from childhood looks better than it was through the filter of memory.
It was with great pleasure that I discovered mention of and a link to Kaleidoscope Painter, a Java applet with a kaleidoscope effect that makes it easy for anyone to be an artist. Experiment with different kinds of mouse movements for different effects.
You can save your works of art with a little bit of effort. Just use a screen capture program to capture the window and open it up in your graphics software to crop and modify your work as you see fit. There are instructions at the bottom of that page if you don't know how, but I found 'Print Screen' didn't work well for me. Luckily, I have a nice Screen Capture program with my graphics software. If you don't have one, you can Google for a free one.
Here are a few that I captured:
It was with great pleasure that I discovered mention of and a link to Kaleidoscope Painter, a Java applet with a kaleidoscope effect that makes it easy for anyone to be an artist. Experiment with different kinds of mouse movements for different effects.
You can save your works of art with a little bit of effort. Just use a screen capture program to capture the window and open it up in your graphics software to crop and modify your work as you see fit. There are instructions at the bottom of that page if you don't know how, but I found 'Print Screen' didn't work well for me. Luckily, I have a nice Screen Capture program with my graphics software. If you don't have one, you can Google for a free one.
Here are a few that I captured:
If you check the site's home page, there are some links of interest there, including to other artish applets and applet games. I am making this entry brief as I'm dying to go play Missile Invasion. If you're anything like me, you'll kill plenty of time just with the Kaleidoscope Painter applet. And maybe you'll even come up with a tiny masterpiece.
No comments:
Post a Comment