This is not what you want to see when you finally get through to your web host's home page after you have been unable to connect to your web site for over 12 hours:
This is the Server Administrator™ default page.
If you see this page it means:
1) hosting for this domain is not configured
or
2) there's no such domain registered in Plesk.
For more information please contact xx@xxxx.xxx
If you see this page it means:
1) hosting for this domain is not configured
or
2) there's no such domain registered in Plesk.
For more information please contact xx@xxxx.xxx
(The e-mail server was down the whole time as well, so there was no contacting xx@xxxx.xxx.)
This the 4th or 5th time the server has been down or otherwise inaccessible in as many days. I guess my new web host will soon be my ex-web host. I'm almost positive I'll be gettin' outta Dodge, even with their reassurances that they have been working on it (for a month!). I already have one place scoped out, but I want to shop around a bit.
On to funner business...
I installed the Shoutbox on this page yesterday evening. This one is from MyShoutbox. That was after I tried one from TagBoard. I soon found out after installing the (free version of) TagBoard, that it inflicts pop-up advertising on page viewers. Thanks, but no thanks.
MyShoutbox offers for free at least all the features that the pay version of TagBoard does. So, we'll see how things go as far as reliability. I am real sensitive about reliability issues right now...
Here's to those few things that are indeed good deals (ie, free or cheap and work). When we find 'em, we ought to promote 'em. Which I'll be glad to do for MyShoutbox once I see how their Shoutbox fares.
I'd love any comments from TagBoard users.
This the 4th or 5th time the server has been down or otherwise inaccessible in as many days. I guess my new web host will soon be my ex-web host. I'm almost positive I'll be gettin' outta Dodge, even with their reassurances that they have been working on it (for a month!). I already have one place scoped out, but I want to shop around a bit.
On to funner business...
I installed the Shoutbox on this page yesterday evening. This one is from MyShoutbox. That was after I tried one from TagBoard. I soon found out after installing the (free version of) TagBoard, that it inflicts pop-up advertising on page viewers. Thanks, but no thanks.
MyShoutbox offers for free at least all the features that the pay version of TagBoard does. So, we'll see how things go as far as reliability. I am real sensitive about reliability issues right now...
Here's to those few things that are indeed good deals (ie, free or cheap and work). When we find 'em, we ought to promote 'em. Which I'll be glad to do for MyShoutbox once I see how their Shoutbox fares.
I'd love any comments from TagBoard users.
No comments:
Post a Comment