I started a 'coolStuff' section at the bottom of the left sidebar for stuff I deem worthy of the title. The newest addition is Google's Picasa 2, a free photo management app that makes it easy for us users to organize, edit, and share our digital images.
Picasa 2 includes advanced editing tools such as photographic filter effects, color and lighting adjustments, red-eye removal, and photo cropping and straightening. I've read they work well, but the back-up capabilities really interested me- you can easily archive photos to CD or DVD, or to an external or networked drive.
But the most compelling reason I found to give this app a try is its organizational capabilities. Picasa automatically locates all the images on your PC and sorts them into visual albums. You can search across all images on a computer and drag and drop to arrange your albums and attach labels to create groups.
The following file types are supported: .jpg, .bmp, .gif, .png, .psd, .tif, .avi, .mpg, .wmv, .asf, .mov, and RAW data files, including those cameras from Canon, Nikon, Kodak, Minolta and Pentax. Pretty sweet!
Then there are the sharing features. You can print and e-mail photos, upload photos to a Blogger blog, and send and discuss photos in real-time via Hello, Picasa's free peer-to-peer software.
There is even more to Picasa, and I'll leave it to you to check out the site, the downloadable user's guide, and the Picasa user forums.
But the most compelling reason I found to give this app a try is its organizational capabilities. Picasa automatically locates all the images on your PC and sorts them into visual albums. You can search across all images on a computer and drag and drop to arrange your albums and attach labels to create groups.
The following file types are supported: .jpg, .bmp, .gif, .png, .psd, .tif, .avi, .mpg, .wmv, .asf, .mov, and RAW data files, including those cameras from Canon, Nikon, Kodak, Minolta and Pentax. Pretty sweet!
Then there are the sharing features. You can print and e-mail photos, upload photos to a Blogger blog, and send and discuss photos in real-time via Hello, Picasa's free peer-to-peer software.
There is even more to Picasa, and I'll leave it to you to check out the site, the downloadable user's guide, and the Picasa user forums.
No comments:
Post a Comment