I have been pretty busy this week, so a short-ish personal post tonight.
I finished up my final assignment for my JavaScript class today. I can't believe this class is over. It has been a blast, and I've learned a lot. I registered for the intermediate class- it begins in a couple of weeks, and I'm definitely looking forward to it.
And I have had three JavaScript books going at once, trying to get some of the concepts down.
I made up a second stylesheet this week for the weblog. So I have two, differing in color, alternating every 12 hours. I took the opportunity to clean up my blogger template as I had inline styles scattered throughout it. The nighttime stylesheet, which I titled Moonlight, is the original. I pulled the colors for the daytime stylesheet, which I have dubbed Twilight, from the image in my post a taste of eternity.
I want to do two more- one with dawn colors and one for daytime, and let the Twilight sheet run in the evenings. Don't ask me why I'm doing this. I set these little missions up for myself for god knows what reasons, I guess often as a learning experience, and then I don't rest until they are done.
Another project: The shoutbox I have been using has been down almost as much as up. The downtime has gotten old. So I went in search of a PHP shoutbox/tagboard that I could install on my web host's server and run myself. I found one, CJ Tag Board, that is very highly rated and was a breeze to set up. Before I hook it up here, I have some more configuring to do, and I need to come up with a style for it that will go with the two (so far) color schemes I have chosen for this blog.
Then there is coming up with posts for this blog every day. I believe it's really good for me to make myself do this, as it keeps me from a coding-every-waking-moment rut, and out and about exploring topics that I just wouldn't otherwise. It's in keeping with my decision to achieve some balance in my life and to expand my horizons.
I never know from day to day what I'm going to post here. Never a plan. From my post of blogs & blogging, "Time to shed some self-imposed limitations. Let the unknown take on the bits of structure I give it day by day and it will become what it will." That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I finished up my final assignment for my JavaScript class today. I can't believe this class is over. It has been a blast, and I've learned a lot. I registered for the intermediate class- it begins in a couple of weeks, and I'm definitely looking forward to it.
And I have had three JavaScript books going at once, trying to get some of the concepts down.
I made up a second stylesheet this week for the weblog. So I have two, differing in color, alternating every 12 hours. I took the opportunity to clean up my blogger template as I had inline styles scattered throughout it. The nighttime stylesheet, which I titled Moonlight, is the original. I pulled the colors for the daytime stylesheet, which I have dubbed Twilight, from the image in my post a taste of eternity.
I want to do two more- one with dawn colors and one for daytime, and let the Twilight sheet run in the evenings. Don't ask me why I'm doing this. I set these little missions up for myself for god knows what reasons, I guess often as a learning experience, and then I don't rest until they are done.
Another project: The shoutbox I have been using has been down almost as much as up. The downtime has gotten old. So I went in search of a PHP shoutbox/tagboard that I could install on my web host's server and run myself. I found one, CJ Tag Board, that is very highly rated and was a breeze to set up. Before I hook it up here, I have some more configuring to do, and I need to come up with a style for it that will go with the two (so far) color schemes I have chosen for this blog.
Then there is coming up with posts for this blog every day. I believe it's really good for me to make myself do this, as it keeps me from a coding-every-waking-moment rut, and out and about exploring topics that I just wouldn't otherwise. It's in keeping with my decision to achieve some balance in my life and to expand my horizons.
I never know from day to day what I'm going to post here. Never a plan. From my post of blogs & blogging, "Time to shed some self-imposed limitations. Let the unknown take on the bits of structure I give it day by day and it will become what it will." That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
1 comment:
Nice writing, Taye. I like your vigilant self-scrutiny, particularly your explanation for seeing what wags the world as a means to stop coding for a moment. Beautiful blog. Love the bumper sticker.
Post a Comment