Monday, February 21, 2005

event(3.6) thunder and lightning

Tremendous storms today in the San Francisco Bay Area. I haven't seen anything like it since before I left Texas in '89. Pete and I sat very still while lightning bolts dropped all around us, each blinding bolt followed by a tremendous crack of thunder. I finally thought to shut down the computers and unplug everything. That was our afternoon.

Coupla kids' poems I found about rain:

If I Were The Rain
If I were the rain,
I would look shiny and silvery
Drop to the ground.
I would drop down shining,
Like a rainbow,
Playing on an umbrella
Tapping on the windowpane.
I make beautiful music.
--Jason


If I Were Thunder and Lightning

If I were were thunder and lightning
I would roam around the world
Making storms
Feeling mighty
Standing proud
As an eight year old boy.
If I were the thunder and lightning
I'd give my teacher a nice
Bolting hug-
BOOM!
--Andrew

No comments: